- We reserve the right to charge more for commercial systems or systems with more than 5 heating zones.
- Annual tuneup will be performed once during the Service Agreement term during regular working hours as scheduled by the customer with our service department. The annual tuneup includes:
- Test and adjust oil burner for maximum efficiency.
- Install new oil filter cartridge and burner nozzle.
- Clean and check electrodes and nozzle assembly.
- Oil all motors on burner, fans and circulators.
- Safety check all operating controls.
- Clean heating unit and flue pipe including chimney base (where accessible) as necessary.
- Inspect combustion chamber.
- Only the repair or replacement of existing listed parts is covered.
- All equipment must be inspected and in good working order prior to approval for coverage. Pre-existing problems, at the inception of the contract, are not covered.
- Exclusions: This agreement does not cover service when failure is due to:
- Failure of customer to correct a condition which can adversely affect the operation of the heating system.
- The corrosive effects of anti-freeze in the system.
- Failure of customer to keep hot water coils, exchangers or storage tanks free of lime or other deposits.
- Customer leaving switches in the “off" position or setting thermostat too low to call for heat.
- Oil tanks, piping, oil lines or accumulation of water or sludge in oil tanks.
- Frozen or clogged oil lines or heating pipes.
- Lack of oil when delivery has been delayed due to delinquency in payments, when driveways and fill pipes are not clear of snow and ice or when customer is not on automatic delivery.
- Piping and wiring not related to the heating system.
- Chimney, side wall venter and draft-related problems.
- This agreement does not cover repair or replacement of defective, cracked or leaking boilers, furnaces, hot water storage tanks, heat exchangers, electronic system controllers, hot water coils, coil gaskets, hydronic coil units, unexposed, inaccessible or buried pipes or wires, asbestos removal or obsolete parts which are not available through regular sources.
- This agreement is void if all fuel oil requirements are not purchased from Hart & Iliff on an automatic delivery basis.
- This agreement covers only mechanical failures and does not cover acts of God, fire damage, flooding, water damage, power failures, use of generators, blown fuses or circuit breakers, brown outs, dead batteries or customer negligence.
- There shall be no liability for any reason on the part of Hart & Iliff for work done by anyone else, unless such person is authorized in writing by Hart & Iliff to perform such work or furnish parts.
- This agreement is one year. If your account is current, it will automatically renew unless equipment is obsolete or we are notified of cancellation in writing 30 days prior. All contracts must be paid within 30 days or they are subject to cancellation.
- Consequential and collateral damages, property damage or damages caused by delay in rendering service under the contract or if building is unoccupied are specifically not covered by this agreement.
Hart & Iliff provides dependable, prompt emergency service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Emergency service constitutes: no heat during cold weather, serious fuel leaks, visible smoke or dangerous situations.
All other regular service will be performed during normal working hours, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.